Placement Center and Jobnet Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Committee Chair Name: Kevin Smith and Ryan O’Leary
Date: August 27, 2009
Committee Members: Eric Kidwell, Ryan O’Leary, Steve Russell, Erin Swartout, Stacey Lange
· All of the Placement Center/Jobnet committee goals focus on providing high-quality services to I-O Psychologists and Job seekers that are not found elsewhere. This supports strategic goal 3, specifically, focusing on support for SIOP members in their efforts to study, apply, and teach the principles, findings, and methods of I-O psychology.
- Review usage data from 2009 conference and provide recommendations regarding hours for Placement Center to be open due to transition to 3-day format.
Action: Review data and make recommendation. (By end of August)
After analyzing the usage data, the recommendation is to keep the same hours of operation as last year. Although use was limited on the first day of operations, we have to set up that day and work out any kinks before the center becomes very busy during the first full day of conference activities. Proposed hours are:
Wednesday: 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Identify placement center strengths and weaknesses. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
Action:Analyze placement center evaluation survey data and make recommendations. (By end of August)
A write-up detailing the placement center survey results has been prepared.
3. Increase participation by local area groups for ‘10 Conference.
Action: Research I/O and other relevant employers in the Atlanta area. Solicit local employer involvement at SIOP Atlanta. (Research by end of December, Solicit beginning in February ongoing until Conference)
Will begin contacting organizations in December/January timeframe.
- Ensure Placement Center needs are accommodated by SIOP Atlanta host hotel.
Action: Attend Winter Advance and perform a walk-through of location (February 2010).
5. Integrate new functionality of Jobnet into placement center and provide support to Larry Nader during the implementation of updated Jobnet.
Action: Provide beta testing and feedback, integrate Jobnet functionality into placement center, and write-up marketing materials/articles highlighting the changes in Jobnet/placement (Ongoing).
Tested new jobnet capabilities. The new functionality should really please some of the placement center users as it addresses some of the concerns voiced in evaluation survey.
Updates or Comments From Chair: