TIP Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Committee Chair Name Wendy S. Becker
Date July 10, 2007
x Progress Report
Anna L. Sackett
Lori Foster Thompson
SIOP Vision: To be recognized as the premier professional group committed to advancing the science and practice of the psychology of work.
SIOP Goals: SIOP will become the…
1. Visible and trusted authority on work-related psychology.
2. Advocate and champion of I-O psychology to policy makers.
3. Organization of choice of I-O professionals.
4. Model of integrated scientist–practitioner effectiveness that values research, practice, and education equally and seeks higher standards in all three areas.
Strategic Planning Goals: (Please highlight committee goals related to the advocacy of SIOP’s Strategic Planning Goals)
- To feature the annual conference in the July 2007 issue.
Completed: 164 print pages are complete. SIOP 2007 keynote speaker Jeffrey Pfeffer summarized his address for a feature article. The 2006 SIOP salary survey is featured. An article on I-O and poverty reduction is featured. Issue includes a new concept for TIP cover that invites SIOP members to submit samples of creative photography.
- Identify new columns and support continuing columnists in TIP.
- Cultivate an international community and promote awareness of international issues.
On-going Action: Submissions of a global nature are invited and the column on global issues will be continued.
- Evaluate member satisfaction with TIP and identify improvements.
On-going Action: Reviewed the SIOP member survey results with former TIP editor, Laura Koppes. We identified several areas of improvements.
- Continue the excellence and quality established by predecessors.
On-going Action: Columns and submissions will be carefully reviewed to determine appropriateness, relevance, and quality. Assistance will be solicited from external reviewers when deemed necessary.
- Select new student editors for the TIP-TOPics student column.
On-going Action: Worked with Laura Koppes to identify and select new TIP-TOPics student column editors.
- Ensure a smooth transition between new editor and previous editor, effective April 2007.
Completed and On-going Action: Laura provided a status report on all board members with regard to retirements and desire to continue. Laura and I met in New York for final transition meeting; she has expressed her willingness to provide ongoing support as needed.
Updates or Comments From Chair:
July 2007 was first issue of this editor’s 3-year term.
All the TIP goals pertain to one or more of the SIOP strategic planning goals.