Headlines (click a headline to go directly to the story)
It's Time to Renew Your Dues!
The new membership year has begun, and it runs from May 2010 through April 2011.
If you have not already paid your dues for the new year, to continue receiving the numerous benefits of SIOP membership, please make your dues payment by June 30, 2010. Unpaid memberships will be deactivated as of July 1, 2010, so make sure you renew your dues today!
Effective this year, professional member dues are $69, and student and retiree dues are $34.50. You can pay your dues online here. (You can also access a form to print out and mail or fax if you would rather not pay online.) That’s all it takes to continue your membership in the premier organization for industrial-organizational psychology!
SIOP offers valuable benefits and resources specifically geared toward I-O psychologists to help keep your career moving forward. Benefits of SIOP membership include:
• Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice (IOP) quarterly journal
• The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist (TIP) quarterly publication
• Newsbriefs monthly e-newsletter
• Discounted registration to the annual conference and preconference workshops
• Discounted publications offered online through the SIOP store
• Inclusion in the SIOP online Membership Directory
• Visibility opportunities via our Media Resources service
• Access to applications for small grants that advance both knowledge and practice in applied areas of I-O psychology
• Access to applications for scholarship funds exclusive to SIOP members
• Up-to-date information on the latest issues facing the I-O profession
• Opportunities for networking with other professionals in the field of I-O
Again this year, SIOP is offering an option to donate to the SIOP Foundation within the dues renewal process. Please consider adding this $25 gift to your dues charge in honor of the SIOP conference’s 25th anniversary this year! You also have the option of choosing to receive future issues of TIP, SIOP’s quarterly newsletter publication, online instead of in print. Each issue of TIP is available to SIOP members in PDF or HTML format on the SIOP Web site here.
Questions about membership can be directed to Tracy Vanneman at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the SIOP Administrative Office at (419) 353-0032.
back to top
2011 Award Nominations Deadline: June 30
SIOP is currently seeking nominations for the following awards. The deadline for nominations is June 30, 2010. For complete guidelines and criteria, click on the name of the individual award. All nominations can be submitted online at http://www.siop.org/awardsonline/main.aspx.
• Distinguished Professional Contributions Award
• Distinguished Scientific Contributions Award
• Distinguished Service Contributions Award
• Distinguished Early Career Contributions Award-Beginning in 2011, two awards will be presented: one to an individual who has made distinguished contributions to the science of I-O psychology; the other to an individual who has made distinguished contributions to the practice of I-O psychology. Click the award title for more information.
• Distinguished Teaching Contributions Award
• S. Rains Wallace Dissertation Award
• William A. Owens Scholarly Achievement Award
• M. Scott Myers Award for Applied Research in the Workplace
back to top
TIP the Balance in Your Favor...
... Advertise in SIOP’s quarterly newsletter, The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist (TIP)! With a current circulation of around 7,000+, your advertisement would be seen by a large, targeted audience. Ad space costs are very reasonable, and there is a discount if you place an ad in 4 or more issues. Ads appear not only in print but are also included in the online version of TIP, with potential to reach an even wider audience. For rates, specs, deadlines, and order placement, please visit www.siop.org/tip/Adrates.aspx.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
back to top
Help Build SIOP's New Practice Wiki
SIOP is currently developing a practitioner wiki, and we need your help!
The beta version of SIOP’s wiki project is currently available to the public, and SIOP is looking to its members to help make the wikis a useful resource for everyone. Similar to sites like Wikipedia, SIOP’s wikis are open to anyone to view and edit. The first of SIOP’s wikis is the practitioner wiki, or Practitioner Resources, which can be found on the Society’s new wiki hub, siop.editme.com.
For Annual Conference Presenters: This practitioner wiki is an easy way to get your conference materials out to SIOP members. Pages are categorized into several broad topics, so all you have to do is go to the site, click on “Practice Resources,” choose which topic your session falls under and add your materials to that page!
To help you get started, visit the "How to Contribute” page in the left hand column for tips on adding your materials, inserting documents and links, and other helpful information.
back to top
APA Seeks Consultant for Assessment
As part of the recently adopted strategic plan, the American Psychological Association is beginning a detailed assessment of the organization’s governance structure in light of current needs. We are seeking an experienced consultant to help facilitate our efforts in this regard.
Please see the full Request for Proposal located at http://www.apa.org/careers/apa-jobs/openings/rfp-governance.pdf
Deadline for submission: June 1, 2010
back to top
Note: To ensure proper delivery of our e-mails, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, trusted sender list, or company white list.
SIOP © Copyright 2008