Jeanneret Award for Excellence in the Study of Individual or Group Assessment
In recognition of the best refereed journal article or other publication that furthers public and professional understanding of individual or group assessment in the field of industrial and organizational psychology during the past full year (2014).
This annual award, honoring P. Richard Jeanneret, is given to the author(s) (at least one of which is to be a SIOP professional level member) of a paper or chapter, published or unpublished, judged to have the highest potential to further the understanding of individual or group assessment especially when such assessment supports the creation of a diverse workforce. Only articles or other publications completed and dated in 2014 will be considered.
The author(s) of the best publication is (are) awarded a plaque and a $1,500 cash prize (to be split in the case of multiple authors).
Criteria for Evaluation of Publications
Articles or publications completed and dated in the previous year will be evaluated in terms of the following criteria:
- The degree to which the research has a sound scientific base, or otherwise incorporates a scientific perspective, and illustrates innovation and excellence in the field of industrial-organizational psychology.
- Advance the understanding and knowledge of individual (IPA) or group assessment, particularly new assessment techniques that promote a diverse work force.
- There is no restriction on the specific journals or other publication (e.g. technical reports) in which the publication appears, only that the outlet be refereed.
- The publication must have at least one author who is a SIOP professional level member.
Guidelines for Submission of Publications
- Nominations may be made by members of SIOP, including Student and International Affiliate members. Authors may nominate their own work, provided that at least one of them is a SIOP member. Awards Subcommittee members may nominate work at any time.
- Publications must be submitted online in either a Word document or a .pdf file.
- Publications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Awards Committee of SIOP, consisting of at least five members.
- The Awards Committee will make a recommendation to the Executive Board of SIOP about the award-winning publication.
- The Executive Board may either endorse or reject the recommendations of the Awards Committee, but may not substitute a nominee of its own.
- In the absence of an article or publication that is deemed deserving of the award by both the Awards Committee and Executive Board, the award may be withheld.