2014 Call for Nominations and Funding Opportunities
Chair, Awards Committee
The boards of SIOP and the SIOP Foundation would like to invite you to submit a nomination or application for a 2014 Award, Scholarship, Fellowship, or Research Grant. New this year!â€ˆ In an effort to make the nomination and application process easier for SIOPâ€ˆmembers, the Awards Committee has decided to streamline the system and open the call for all the awards simultaneously. This means one deadline for you to manage. Members can log in and nominate or apply for all available SIOPâ€ˆand SIOP Foundation awards in one easy step. Nominations and applications for eligible opportunities will be accepted beginning in May 2013 and end June 30, 2013.
Active SIOP members will receive an e-mail announcing the online acceptance of applications. The following opportunities are expected to be available:
- Distinguished Professional Contributions Award
- Distinguished Scientific Contributions Award
- Distinguished Service Contributions Award
- Distinguished Early Career Contributions Award: Practice
- Distinguished Early Career Contributions Award: Science
- Distinguished Teaching Contributions Award
- S. Rains Wallace Dissertation Award
- M. Scott Myers Award for Applied Research in the Workplace
- William A. Owens Scholarly Achievement Award
- Raymond A. Katzell Award in I-O Psychology
- Wiley Award for Excellence in Survey Research
- Hogan Award for Personality and Work Performance
- Jeanneret Award for Excellence in the Study of Individual or Group Assessment
- SIOP Small Grant Program
- Sidney A. Fine Grant for Research on Job Analysis
- The Douglas W. Bray and Ann Howard Research Grant
- Lee Hakel Graduate Student Scholarship
- Mary L. Tenopyr Graduate Student Scholarship
- Irwin L. Goldstein and Benjamin Schneider Scholarships sponsored by The Macey Fund (New scholarship for minority I-O students)
- Adverse Impact Reduction Research Initiative and Action (AIRRIA) Research Grant
- Leslie W. Joyce and Paul W. Thayer Graduate Fellowship
Additional information regarding program focus, eligibility criteria, and submission guidelines for each of these programs can be found at http://www.siop.org/siopawards/ Awards will be presented at the 29th SIOP Annual Conference in 2014 in Hawaii.
All nominations and applications must be made online. A portal for submission of online nominations and entries for the 2014 Awards will be available through the SIOP website starting in early May. A complete list of prior winners is available at http://www.siop.org/awardwinners.aspx
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS: June 30, 2013
Please direct all questions regarding these nominations to David Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look for These Additional Awards and Funding Opportunities Next Year!
- The Dunnette Prize
- George C. Thornton III Graduate Scholarship