What you'll do:
As Director - People Analytics, you'll be responsible for driving the human resources business intelligence and analytics strategy for Principal.
Through people metrics, reporting and analytic tools, advanced and predictive analytics, you'll provide critical insight into how to make the most of our greatest asset, our people.
You'll contribute by:
- Aligning people analytics strategy & approach with HR high level initiatives
- Establishing and advancing relationships with key leaders and build an analytic road map.
- Ensuring delivery of defined projects and work.
- Developing and executing strategies to identify, assist, and prioritize with the intention to grow engagements with various HR leaders through a data-driven journey.
- Actively finding opportunities to enhance the usage of richer analytics and improve data and analytical literacy across the company.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have.
- A great place to live, work and play. Greater Des Moines is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Given its vibrant and welcoming culture, it’s no wonder Des Moines has garnered so much national recognition—including #3 Best Affordable Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2019).
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, Psychology, or other analytical field required.
- Industrial Organization degree preferred, but not required.
- Must have 10 or more years of experience in HR analytics, HR metrics, business intelligence (BI), multivariate statistics and/or predictive modeling.
- Strong applied mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills to interpret descriptive and inferential statistics is needed.
- Expertise in statistical software packages.
- Must be skilled in communicating with business partners, both verbally and in writing, and capable of communicating complex analytical information to HR and business audiences.
- Experience in applying business analytics in one or more business domains, especially Human Resources, preferred.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, strong facilitation skills, strong project management skills, high business acumen, strategic and systems thinking skills, and flexibility.
- Must be very analytical and able to put data and information together to understand trends and recommend solutions to close gaps.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills required.
- Must be creative in adapting to changes in direction and be able to move around barriers.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Some travel required (5%)
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.