Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The scale of our transformation means we’re effectively building a vast new business, at pace. In P&C (People & Culture - our HR function), we have a huge part to play, defining and shaping our new customer focused culture, organising functions to work more effectively together and attracting the best talent with new types of skills to join us.
It’s an exciting, ever-changing environment – ideal for HR subject experts who are driven, disruptive and dynamic. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the challenge of shaping things from the ground up, you’ll be in your element here. There’s endless space to develop too, so you’ll be progressing your career as fast as you build our smoke-free future.
Your ‘day to day’
The Assessment Team, part of PMI’s Talent organization, is, focused on the design, development, implementation and ongoing support of industry leading selection and assessment capability to isolate the best talent for PMI.
PMI's Global Assessment Team has an opening for a student enrolled in a PhD Industrial-Organizational (I-O) Psychology, Occupational Psychology, Organizational Behavior or related discipline program. The role will work on global assessment, quality of hire, talent and other research projects to drive transformation of Talent Acquisition processes and solutions.
As a member of the team, you will partner on the design, development, and implementation of traditional (e.g. personality, cognitive ability, structured interviews, assessment centers) and next generation (e.g., artificial intelligence based, gamification) assessments used globally across all business units and job functions. In addition, you will conduct analyses to inform and understand the impact of these solutions on the quality of PMI’s new hires – designing and executing research projects that ensure selection and assessment is helping to drive PMI’s business transformation. You will translate findings into actionable insights, communicate results to key stakeholders, and influence process changes. Candidates should have a solid foundation in quantitative and research methods coupled with strong business acumen and an ability to present complex information to nonacademic audiences.
This role is based in PMI’s offices in NYC.
Who we’re looking for
• Currently pursuing a PhD in Industrial-Organizational (I-O) Psychology, Occupational Psychology, Organizational Behavior or a related discipline or completed within the past 2 years
• Knowledge of the testing, selection and job analysis research literatures
• Experience cleaning, restructuring, and merging large datasets
• Experience with advanced statistical analyses (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, factor analysis, structural equation modeling, multilevel modeling, longitudinal data analysis, item response theory)
• Experience using one or more statistical programs (e.g. R, Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), SPSS Text Analytics, SPSS Modeler, SAS)
• Experience in managing and executing projects
• Excellent written and presentation skills, with the ability to present complex information to nonacademic audiences
• Ability to collaborate and work virtually in a globally distributed team
• All courses completed (ABD)
• Experience with text and sentiment analysis
• Experience creating compelling data visualizations of statistical analyses
• Knowledgeable in machine learning, natural language processing, and data mining
• Experience applying statistics to HR and business problems
You should be legally authorized to work in the US in order to apply for this role.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
PMI is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply for this role, please go to the following link below where you can submit your application: