American Academy of Neurology
Manager, Member Analytics
About the Organization
With more than 25,000 members, the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) is the world’s largest association of neurologists, and the largest trade association in Minnesota. The vision of the AAN is to be indispensable to our members, and our mission is to promote the highest quality patient-centered neurologic care and enhance member career satisfaction. The AAN provides valuable resources for neurologists and neuroscience professionals worldwide who are committed to improving the care of patients with brain disease and look to the Academy for the most comprehensive professional development, career enhancement, and practice improvement opportunities available.
About the Job
Basic Purpose: Ensure AAN understands member behavior, preferences, and demographics by providing relevant, timely, and actionable data on AAN members and turning that data into knowledge. This position directs and manages the Department of Member Analytics and is principal support staff to the Member Research Subcommittee and the Environmental Scanning Subcommittee.
- Determine and coordinate the AAN’s data mining program.
- Determine and plan the ongoing data needs on AAN members and engaged non-members. This includes data on member demographics (e.g., age, gender, practice setting), psychographics (e.g., interests, activities, opinions), and behavior (e.g., engagement and usage rates).
- Supervise staff in the Department of Member Analytics, assigning projects and overseeing workload.
- Conduct and oversee survey, evaluation, and focus group activities.
- Maximize the usefulness of collected data while minimizing the burden for respondents.
- Ensure the content of AAN surveys is unique (does not greatly overlap with other surveys).
- Monitor national standards on data mining/collection and incorporate them when appropriate.
- Responsible for updating and enforcing AAN data confidentiality issues.
- Principle support staff to the Member Research Subcommittee.
- Principal support staff to the Environmental Scanning Subcommittee.
- Develop surveys-related policies and procedures.
AAN Employee Benefits:
The American Academy of Neurology offers its employees a variety of outstanding benefits that make working for the AAN a truly rewarding experience. Employees enjoy flexible policies for work day start times and telecommuting. In addition, the AAN provides an excellent benefits package, including:
- Twenty-two days of paid personal time off (PTO) in the first year
- Twelve paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
- Company contribution of 10.5% to employee 401K retirement savings account
- Medical insurance (free employee coverage)
- Dental insurance (free employee coverage)
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Travel insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parking Subsidy
Education Master's degree or equivalent
Experience 5-10 years of related professional experience
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
Must be proficient in MS Office
Business intelligence, data mining, market research, or survey background and/or knowledge
Experience with qualitative research (e.g., focus groups)
Proficiency with survey methods including instrument creation, sample selection, database creation, and management, data manipulation, analysis techniques and reporting of results
Proficiency with a statistical analysis package, such as SPSS
Proficiency with data collection methods / tools
Proven project management and problem solving abilities
Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
Strong service orientation and willingness to "go the extra mile"
Supervises one or more staff
Manages a Department or Function
Physical Demands Occasional bending and lifting up to 40 pounds
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Occasionally using stairs
Travel Requirements Some travel required
American Academy of Neurology
201 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
American Academy of Neurology is an Equal Opportunity Employer