$15,000 to Support the Investigation of How Personality, Culture and Environment Influence Work Behavior and Health
The Bruce and Jane Walsh Grant in Memory of John Holland
The Bruce and Jane Walsh Grant in Memory of John Holland supports scientific, scholarly or applied research and/or educational activities investigating how personality, culture and environment influence work behavior and health (mental and physical).
Preference will be given to early career psychologists (ten years or less postdoctoral), and pilot projects that, if successful, would be strong candidates for support from major federal and foundation funding agencies, and "demonstration projects" that promise to generalize broadly to similar settings in other geographical areas and/or to other settings.
- Be affiliated with 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. APF will not consider the following requests for grants to support:
- Political or lobbying purposes.
- Entertainment or fundraising expenses.
- Anyone the Internal Revenue Service would regard as a disqualified group or individual.
- Localized direct service.
- Conference/workshop expenses.
- Have demonstrated competence and capacity to execute the proposed work.
- IRB approval must be received from host institution before funding can be awarded if human participants are involved.
- Please include the following in a single document (Not to exceed five pages, one-inch margins, 11-point Times New Roman/Garamond Font, single-spaced):
- Goals, relevant background/literature review
- Methods (must be detailed enough so that the design, assessments and procedures can be evaluated)
- Anticipated outcomes, significance and impact
- Additionally, please submit the following documents:
- Project timeline (not to exceed one page; typically, APF grants are for one year)
- Detailed budget and justification (not to exceed one page)
- Abbreviated CV (not to exceed five pages)
- APF does not allow institutional indirect costs or overhead costs. Applicants may use grant monies for direct administrative costs of their proposed project.
See our website for more information: https://www.apa.org/apf/funding/walsh?tab=3
Click here to apply for this grant: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=apa&
The deadline for applications is September 15, 2019. Please free to distribute this call as you see fit.
APF welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds with respect to age, race, color, religion, creed, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender, and geography.