Highlights of SIOP’s Programming at the2017 APA Convention
SIOP’s APA Committee is pleased to announce a fantastic program for the 2017 APA Convention! We have a wide range of programming (invited addresses, symposiums, panel discussions, conversation hours, skill building sessions, etc.) offered by researchers and practitioners from around the world. Here are some highlights:
- Addresses on current challenges for I-O research and practice:
- Open Science, Open Practice: Implications for Industrial-Organizational Psychology and Beyond (Fred Oswald)
- Work, Psychology, and Sustainable Development (Lori Foster)
- Ready or Not, Here They Come! Understanding Today's Young Employees (Georgia Chao)
- Harnessing the Potential of an Aging Workforce (Barbara Fritzsche)
- Symposia on cutting edge issues in I-O psychology:
- Shifting Organizational Culture: Moving Toward the Use of Data-Informed Evidence-Based Care (Co-chairs: William Shennum & Isis Orozco)
- Data-Driven I-O Ammo for Transitioning Military Veterans (Chair: Peter Reiley)
- Panel discussion on reporting compensation data (Joanna Colosimo, David Cohen, and David Fortney)
- Paper sessions on occupational health psychology, organizational interventions, and individual differences
- A Q&A Session with Division 14/SIOP council representatives to learn about happenings at APA and SIOP (Deirdre Knapp, Georgia Chao, Gary Latham, Stephen Stark)
- A skill-building session on creating datasets from Twitter and Facebook (Richard Landers)
- Two poster sessions on occupational health and leadership
- A conversation hour exploring “Psychologist, I-O Psychologist, or HR Professional: Who Am I?” (Alexander Alonso and Elliot Lasson)
- A reception co-hosted with the Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington (PTCMW)
- And more!
Don’t miss out! APA registration opens April 17. The convention takes place Aug. 3-6, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
Also, congratulations to the incoming 2018 APA Chair, C. Allen Gorman!