Join SIOP for the Preconference Workshops Wednesday, April 10, 2013
SIOP is pleased to present 12 preconference workshops to be held Wednesday, April 10, 2013, preceding the regular program of the 28th annual SIOP conference at the Hilton Americas in Houston. Continuing education credit is available (click here for full details). The workshop topics are:
- Broadening the Basis for Validation Evidence: Alternative Strategies and Their Implications.
- Assessing the Legal Risks of Your Assessments.
- Retooling Performance Management: Science, Practice, and Art.
- Integrated Talent Management: Methods for Integrating Talent Management Initiatives to Drive Organizational Performance.
- Building a Coaching Culture Through Strategic Choices.
- Organizational Climate and Culture: Manifestations, Measurement, and Management.
- Viewing Linkage Research Through the Lenses of Current Practice and Cutting-Edge Advances.
- I-O and IT Together in Perfect Harmony: Best Practices When Collaborating With IT Teams.
- Building a Compelling Brand: Guidebook for I-Os.
- The I-O Leap: Transitioning Into – and Succeeding in – Business.
- What's All the Buzz About? The Most Impactful I-O Research Developments of the Last Five Years.
- Psychometrics for the Rest of Us, Practical Answers to Common Measurement Questions.
Something NEW for 2013! For the first time, we are offering an opportunity to register for one workshop (either morning or afternoon) at a reduced cost of $300 for members and $485 for non-members. Because workshop attendees find the networking opportunities available during workshops to be one of the most valuable aspects of attending, the registration fee includes lunch as well as the reception. For those of you who find it difficult to attend a full day of workshops, this option should give you more flexibility to attend, learn, and network!
You do not want to miss the 2013 workshops. Not only will you learn new skills and grow professionally, you will also have the opportunity to network with recognized experts in these content areas as well as other prominent professionals in our field who will be attending workshops with you.
Detailed workshop descriptions can be found on the SIOP website.