Leading Edge Consortium Early Registration Deadline August 29
According to a recent article by Harvard Business Review poor talent management programs is the number one issue corporate boards are concerned with today. That means when it comes to developing the talent that will lead your organization into the future, there is no time to waste. So don’t lose any time gaining the crucial skills and knowledge you need to develop these leaders.
The early registration deadline for “Building Future Leaders: Innovations and Trends in Talent Management,” SIOP’s 9th annual Leading Edge Consortium (LEC), is rapidly approaching. Registration is $425 on or before August 29 and $495 thereafter, so be sure to take advantage of the early registration rate and register today!
The 2013 LEC, to take place October 18-19 at the Omni Richmond Hotel in Richmond, VA, is your chance to explore the best talent management practices for identifying, developing, and retaining leaders in a practitioner-focused 1 ½-day event.
Construct a thriving organization.
Not all organizations would give their leadership and retention strategies high marks. The 2013 SIOP Leading Edge Consortium is your opportunity to change that. We have reviewed the feedback from previous events and have revamped the program for this year to provide you the information you need to develop your top talent. Planned topics include:
- The Business Case for Leadership and Talent Development
- Leadership Development: A CHRO View
- Innovations in Assessment
- Leadership Development: Formal Development
- Leadership Development: Learning from Job Experience
- Leadership Development: Learning through Others (Coaching, Mentoring, etc.)
- Building Talent Mindset
- Leadership at the Top of the Organization
- Big Data: Leadership applications, how it will shape leadership development and talent management in the next decade.
- Leadership 2020
Hear from the best.
The Consortium brings together highly regarded practitioners, researchers, and HR executives to examine issues in an intimate setting that fosters stimulating dialogue among colleagues. The event will showcase two impressive keynote speakers—Brian Welle (top left), People Analytics Manager at Google and Moheet Nagrath (bottom left), Leadership Strategist at Leadership Architecture Worldwide and former Chief Human Resources Officer, Procter & Gamble—in addition to a full list of experts in this vital field. The confirmed list of speakers includes:
- Marcia Avedon, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Communications, Ingersoll Rand
- Mike Benson, Director, Leadership Development, Johnson & Johnson
- Sarah Strupeck Brock, Director of Assessment and Development, Johnson & Johnson
- James Cameron, VP, Global Talent Development, Walmart
- Allan Church, VP, Organization & Management Development, PepsiCo
- Sandra Davis, Chief Executive Officer, MDA Leadership Consulting
- Vicki L. Flaherty, Cloud Computing Enterprise Learning Leader, IBM Talent
- Randy Hill, Executive Director, University of California Institute for Creative Technologies
- Mark Kizilos, President, Experience-Based Development Associates
- Elizabeth Kolmstetter, Chief Human Capital Officer, US Agency for International Development
- Moheet Nagrath, Leadership Strategist at Leadership Architecture Worldwide; former Chief Human Resources Officer, Procter & Gamble
- David Peterson, Director, Learning & Development, Google
- Robert J. Thomas, Managing Director, Accenture Institute for High Performance
- Anna Marie Valerio, President, Executive Leadership Strategies
- Brian Welle, People Analytics Manager, Google
- Jack Wiley, Founder and President, Kenexa High Performance Institute
The LEC will once again offer several opportunities for networking and discussion with attendees and speakers, such as the Friday night networking dinners. Registration includes lunch on Friday and Saturday, breaks, and receptions on Thursday and Friday evening. Continuing education credits will also be available.
For the latest information, including an agenda and speaker bios, visit the Leading Edge Consortium page at www.siop.org/lec. For five ways you will benefit by attending this year’s LEC, click here.