Meet the Next Evolution of your SIOP Online Community
SIOP members’ networking capabilities just took a giant leap forward. As of January 6, my.SIOP, SIOP’s online member-only community has been updated to provide an increasingly social community experience.
With an intuitive design and enhanced functionality, you can now add friends, follow others, and easily configure notifications so you receive the updates you want – when you want. This evolution of my.SIOP greatly improves how you connect and collaborate with other members.
“After months of development, we are very happy to roll out the next generation of my.SIOP, combining social networking features similar to Facebook with professional networking similar to LinkedIn – but exclusively among I-O psychologists, said SIOP Electronic Communications Committee (ECC) Chair Zachary Horn. “The new platform keeps members informed without adding much to their busy routines. New social features such as ‘Ideas’ and ‘Answers’ allow members to directly affect the evolution of SIOP. The ‘Events’ page invites members to create and sign up for local, national, and global I-O events. Community discussions and topic-focused groups will continue, enabling year-round collaborations that members sought.”
The new my.SIOP social experience now includes:
- Responsive Mobile Interface: The all-new interface lets you access your professional I-O network whenever you need it. Visit my.SIOP.org on any mobile device and have access to all its dynamic features.
- Ideas: SIOP members and committees often think of new ways to evolve the SIOP experience. Share your thoughts and lend your support by voting for your favorite ideas with the new “Ideas” feature.
- Answers: Getting answers has never been so easy. You can now ask questions and get answers quickly from SIOP and other members. The advanced search feature looks for keywords as you type, saving you time if your answer already exists!
- Discussions: Share and discuss your I-O and SIOP interests with other members on a forum-like discussion platform.
- Groups & Files: Groups have been redesigned to make discussions and file-sharing even more accessible.
- Events: Is there a local, regional, or large I-O event happening soon? List new events on my.SIOP or sign up for existing events!
- Latest Activity: Find all your updates on Ideas, Answers, Discussions and Groups in a single Activity Feed.
- Badges: Are you getting the most out of my.SIOP? The new goal-driven badges help you spend your time wisely. Plus, with these shiny new keepsakes on your profile, others can see how you put my.SIOP to use!
The ECC has focused on making changes to my.SIOP that will be valued for members, starting with using a more versatile and advanced platform, Horn explained
“Throughout 2012, SIOP member feedback confirmed the utility of our vision for my.SIOP: a social network that allows members to stay connected and collaborate year-round,” Horn explained. “However, we also learned that the initial platform we selected fell short on the social features sought by members. As a result, SIOP invested in the world’s top community platform to provide a suite of new social features that will reflect our vision for a fully-connected membership.”
Horn said he is excited to see the re-envisioned my.SIOP launched to the membership and he believes the new platform will continue to meet members’ ever-changing needs.
“We threw in a few surprises for members as they interact with the community, and we look forward to getting more feedback and evolving the system continuously to meet member needs,” he said. “We invite members to ask questions in the Answers module, and to share their ideas that SIOP can implement in the Ideas module. These are great ways to get started.”