Director of Human Capital Assessment and Analytics
Responsible for strategic planning, development, implementation and management of research, analytics and assessments related to Dell talent management and learning and development programs such as Tell Dell, succession planning and global leadership development and diversity and inclusion programs (e.g., Foundations of Leadership, Leadership Series, etc). Provides strategic framework and leads team through tactical design and implementation of solutions to assess the effectiveness, impact and ROI of learning and development initiatives. Provides guidance and direction in establishing program goals that can be measured and are aligned to the business, brand and/or people strategy. Specific responsibilities include:
· Consults to Global Talent Management (GTM) team and Human Resources function on program evaluation, metric and KPI development, survey development, research design and analysis.
· Develops and implements program evaluation, assessments, research projects in support of GTM and HR programs, initiatives and objectives.
· Leads ongoing development and management of the Tell Dell employee engagement survey.
· Acts as an informational source on organizational practices and procedures.
· Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
· Manages the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective team.
· Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
Nature of Work – Scope & service
· Provides direction and guidance for operations, administration and results for a major department or multiple departments within a function or work area. Works within GTM, within HR, with Global Learning Council and with leaders in the business as the subject matter expert on related topics.
- Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning.
- Collaborates with subordinate leadership to set strategy and business objectives.
- May influence the strategic and/or long-term focus for the function.
· Implements tactical and strategic change through subordinate team members.
Strategic Influence – Impact, influence & accountability
· Work is guided by functional strategy.
- Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals across the sub-function.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for area managed.
- Decisions may impact overall business, but are mainly related to the department or work area.
· Provides authoritative advice to top management based on deep subject matter expertise.
· Accountable for related performance objectives.
· Initiates integrated business plans based on senior leadership strategy.
Leadership – Guidance, communication & relationship focus
· Leads a team responsible for carrying out the objectives of the department or work area.
- Leads teams in understanding the link between Dell objectives and their contributions.
- Develops budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
· Builds long-term development and succession plans.
· Applies influence and negotiation skills to drive business results.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders both internal and external (GTM/HR/ODS/OA etc).
- Serves as important liaison to external contacts (customers and vendors such as ITSG and/or SIROTA).
Problem Solving – Judgment, Complexity & ingenuity
· Guided by long term objectives and business requirements.
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
· Leads teams to solve abstract problems without precedent.
- Diagnoses and resolves ambiguous problems.
· Leads rigorous process and service improvement programs.
Job Duty Differentiators
· Establishes operational organizational design and development objectives and work plans, and may delegate assignments to subordinates.
· Involved in developing, modifying and executing organizational designs and development strategies that affect immediate operations(s) and also have company-wide effect.
· Leads global and/or regional program development and implementation projects.
· Works with HR business partner team to ensure business needs are met, and HR strategies are aligned with business needs.
· Makes final decisions on administrative or operational items, and ensures operations’ effective achievement of goals.