Hotel Options for the 2003 SIOP Conference
All four of our conference hotels in Orlando are currently sold out of their
SIOP room block. Here are three options for booking a room for the conference.
- SIOP Bulletin Board. In the past, many people who have reserved
hotel rooms for the conference have cancelled their rooms at the last minute
owing to a change in plans. As a result, they will lose a
one-night room deposit if they are unable to find someone who will take over
their reservation. Please visit SIOP's Bulletin
Board, and use this service as a resource to notify members of a
room cancellation or to see if you can locate a room (due to a cancellation)
at one of SIOP's hotels.
- Check with the Hotels in Late March or Early April. As noted above,
there's a strong likelihood that some people will cancel their hotel
reservations at the last minute. These rooms will be available at the
conference rate. You can call the conference hotels in late March or early
April to see if any rooms have become available.
- Reserve at Another Hotel. There are a number of nearby hotels which
currently have space available. We do not have room blocks or guaranteed
room rates at these hotels and will not be able to offer shuttle service.
But all of the hotels currently have rooms available at competitive rates,
and all are within a 10-minute walk of at least one of the conference hotels
where shuttle service will be available:
- Grosvenor Resort, 1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd, PO Box 22202, Lake Buena
Vista, FL 32830, http://www.grosvenorresort.com/,
- Wyndham Palace Resort, 1900 N Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Best Western in the Walt Disney World Resort, 2000 Hotel Plaza Blvd,
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, http://www.bestwestern.com/prop_102888,
(407) 828-2424 or 800-348-3765
- Days Inn, 12799 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836, http://www.the.daysinn.com/lakebuenavista06587,