SIOP 2009 Friday Seminars
Russell E. Johnson
University of South Florida
On behalf of the Friday Seminars Committee, I am delighted to invite you to register for one of the four great Friday Seminar sessions that will be offered at the 2009 SIOP conference. These sessions provide the opportunity to engage in an in-depth exploration of cutting-edge research topics and methodological issues from a scholarly perspective. They are presented by leading organizational scientists, are primarily academic in nature, and address state-of-the art knowledge and research. Enrollment is limited and these sessions are expected to sell out, so register early to ensure your opportunity to participate!
The following Friday Seminars are sponsored by the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Inc. and are presented as part of the 24th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Inc. SIOP–APA Division 14, is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SIOP maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Three (3) hours of continuing education credits (CE) are awarded for the participants in one (1) Friday Seminar.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813.974.0928.
- Duration: Sessions are 3 hours long and you can earn 3 CE credits for attending.
- Enrollment: Enrollment for each session is limited to 50 participants.
- When: Friday, April 3, during the morning (8:30 am to 11:20) or afternoon (noon to 2:50 pm).
- Location: The location will be at the conference site; the specific room will be indicated in the conference program.
- Cost: The cost for each Friday Seminar is $80.00 (U.S.).
- Registration: You must complete the Friday Seminars section of the general conference registration form (also available on the SIOP Web site) and include payment in your total.
- Cancellation: Friday Seminar fees canceled by March 19, 2009, will be refunded less a $25.00 (U.S.) administrative fee.
Overview of Topics and Presenters
(Full descriptions are available in the registration book and online at www.siop.org/conference.)
Frontiers of Personality Research and Practice. Deniz S. Ones, University of Minnesota, Shelley W. Spilberg, California Commission on POST, and Stephan Dilchert, Baruch College.
Coordinator: Daisy Chang, University of South Florida.
Health and Safety: Research and Practice Issues. Lois E. Tetrick, George Mason University, Robert R. Sinclair, Clemson University, and Leslie B. Hammer, Portland State University.
Coordinator: Glenda Fisk, Queen’s University.
Making HR Measurement Strategic. Wayne F. Cascio, University of Colorado Denver, and John W. Boudreau, University of Southern California.
Coordinator: Chris Rosen, University of Arkansas.
Illustrating Social Network Analysis's Potential for I-O: Workplace Interpersonal Affect. Jonathan Johnson, University of Arkansas, and Giuseppe (Joe) Labianca, University of Kentucky’s LINKS Network Research Center.
Coordinator: Hock-Peng Sin, Michigan State University.
Return to conference page