SIOP 2009 Preconference Workshops
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Click on the name of the workshop to access complete descriptions of each workshops.
Click here for entire list of complete descriptions.
1. Communicating Organizational Strategy to Employees: Building Buy-In and Fostering Involvement. Heidi Keller-Glaze, ICF International; Courtney Partlow, ICF International; Suzanne Masterson, Sun Microsystems. Coordinator: Margaret Barton, U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
2. Reliability, Ratings, and Reality: Oh My! Dan Putka, HumRRO; James LeBreton, Purdue University. Coordinator: Mindy Bergman, Texas A&M.
3. Development in Place: Leveraging the Other 90% of Your Organization’s Talent. Cynthia McCauley, Center for Creative Leadership; Paul Yost, Seattle Pacific University. Coordinator: Wanda Campbell, Edison Electric Institute.
4. The Future of HR Metrics: It’s a Brave New World. Jay Jamrog, Institute for Corporate Productivity; Mary Ann Downey, Institute for Corporate Productivity. Coordinator: Linda Carr, Sun Microsystems.
5. Analyzing Survey Data: Choosing the Method and Message That Best Answers the Question. William H. Macey, Valtera Corporation; David A. Futrell, Eli Lilly and Company; Scott A. Young, Valtera Corporation. Coordinator: Robert Gibby, Procter and Gamble.
6. O*NET Products and Tools: What’s New and What’s Useful for Your Research and Practice. Dave Rivkin, National Center for O*NET Development; Phil Lewis, National Center for O*NET Development; Ken Pearlman, Independent Consultant. Coordinator: Tom Giberson, Oakland University.
7. Is That Really Any of Your Business? Privacy in the Workplace. Donald L. Zink, Personnel Management Decisions. Coordinator: Amy Grubb, Federal Bureau of Investigations.
8. Diversity, Complexity, Uncertainty…Managing Them as Both Leadership and Change Challenges. Steve Krugg, Oliver Wyman; Órla NicDomhnaill, Oliver Wyman. Coordinator: John Howes, Nike.
9. Preparing the Play Book–Offense and Defense: Litigation Fundamentals and Statistical Analyses. Tony P. Rosenstein, Baker Botts, LLP; Joan Haworth, ERS Group. Coordinator: S. Morton McPhail, Valtera Corporation.
10. Selection of First-Line Supervisors: What We Know. Nancy Tippins, Valtera Corporation. Coordinator: Tim McGonigle, SRA International.
11. Exploring New Frontiers in Test Security: Approaches for Protecting Your Testing Program. Monica A. Hemingway, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.; Eugene Burke, SHL Group Limited; Dennis Maynes, Caveon Test Security. Coordinator: Liberty Munson, Microsoft Corporation.
12. Evidence-Based Approaches to Training Teams. David Baker, Carilion Clinic; Eduardo Salas, University of Central Florida; Becky Beard, The Group for Organizational Effectiveness. Coordinator: Dwayne Norris, American Institutes for Research.
13. Financial and Accounting Concepts for I-O Psychologists. David A. Lesmond, Tulane University. Coordinator: Bill Strickland, HumRRO.
14. Managing I and O Work in a Union Environment: Lessons of Experience. Jerry Kehoe, Selection and Assessment Consulting; Lee Sanborn, Ford Motor Co (retired); Joseph Gafa, United Auto Workers (retired). Coordinator: Deborah Whetzel, HumRRO.
15. The Psychology of Executive Coaching: Best Practices in Accelerating Learning. David B. Peterson, Personnel Decisions International. Coordinator: Kate Zimberg, Microsoft Corporation.
Return to conference page
To return to a current registration process, if you have started it, click here.