Annual Preconference Workshops, Sunday Seminars, and Other CE Sessions
21st Annual SIOP Preconference Workshops
Thursday, May 6, 2006
Morning Workshops 8:30 AM12:00 PM
Afternoon Workshops 1:30 PM5:00 PM
Two workshops, lunch, and a cocktail reception are included in the workshop price.
To attend the following workshops, you must register for two workshop sessions and receive confirmation that you are registered! Please pick up your packet Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the SIOP table near hotel registration or Thursday beginning at 6:30 a.m. in the Press Club/Registration Office (2nd floor-H).
1. Defending Minimum Qualifications for E-Applicants and
2. The I-O Psychologist and the Executive Committee: Lessons From the Front
3. High-Impact Leadership Development
4. Driving Business Success Through Understanding and Leveraging Corporate and National
5. Employment Law: That Was the Year That Wasand What Might Be
6. The State-of-the-Art in
7. Separating Wheat From Chaff: Interpreting Results From Contemporary Analytic
8. Global Talent Management: An Idea Whose Time Has
9. Recent Practical, Methodological, and Statistical Advances in the Detection of Adverse Impact and Test
10. Designing and Implementing Performance Management: Best Practices and Applied
11. Breathing New Life Into Assessment Centers: Leveraging Assessment, Learning, and Technology to Develop Top
12. The Ropes to Learn and the Ropes to Skip: Facilitating Executive
13. Driving Higher Performance Within Your (Internal or External) Consulting
14. Understanding the Financial Context of Organizations: What I-O Psychologists Should
21st Annual SIOP Conference Sunday
Sunday, May 7, 2006
9:00 AM12:00 Noon
To attend one of the following Sunday Seminars, you must register for it and receive
confirmation that you have registered!
2. Strategies for Enhancing the Collection of Internet-Based
3. Cutting-Edge Topics in Teams
4. Counterproductive Work Behavior: A ScientistPractitioner
Other CE Opportunities
There is no extra charge for these sessions. Sessions 85 and 205 carry 1.5 hours of CE credit and
Sessions 55, 129, and 157 each carry 2 hours of CE credit.
1. Session 55: Media Training Workshop: Preparing for the Media Interview
2. Session 85: Measuring and Maximizing the ROI of Executive Coaching
3. Session 129: SIOP Goes to Washington: Advocating for I-O Psychology
4. Session 157: Introduction to the Generalized Graded Unfolding Model and Its Estimation
5. Session 205: Using Statistical Techniques to Correct Rater Bias in Multisource Ratings.