Virtual Early Career Faculty Consortium
The last day to register is March 23, 2021.
- Do you work, or want to work, in a psychology or management department?
- Have you successfully proposed your dissertation?
- Are you seeking insights from experienced faculty?
Join us for the Virtual Early Career Faculty Consortium! The discussions will be 100% virtual and will be conducted prior to the beginning of the 2021 SIOP Conference.
The 2021 Early Career Faculty Consortium will focus on:
- mentoring and the art of successful teaching
- using startup funds and data-collection strategies
- generating and evaluating new research ideas,
- surviving and thriving through the tenure-and-promotion process.
This year will also feature a virtual happy hour with fellow attendees. These sessions will include distinguished teachers, faculty who have recently gone through the tenure-and-promotion process, and faculty who have successful mentoring relationships.
Because the success of the Early Career Faculty Consortium comes from interactive sessions with invited speakers, attendees are encouraged to prepare questions prior to attending. Many attendees choose to attend the consortium multiple times to capitalize on new programming and information presented in subsequent years.
Anyone who has proposed their dissertation, is seeking an academic position for the fall 2021 term, or who has recently obtained an academic position is eligible to participate. The registration fee for the Early Career Faculty Consortium is $150. Spots are limited; registration for this consortium is available when registering for the SIOP conference, so register early.
Find the complete schedule here.
Questions? Contact Megan Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Andrea Hetrick (email@example.com).