Welcome to the 2021 SIOP Virtual Doctoral Consortium!
The Lee Hakel Doctoral Consortium is a virtual development and networking event that includes a diverse set of I-O professionals who offer unique perspectives on the opportunities and challenges faced by both I-O practitioners and academics today. The Doctoral Consortium offers sessions in both the applied and academic tracks. We look forward to connecting with you during the following sessions.
Monday, March 29th 2:30pm CT - Networking happy hour via Zoom
All of the following sessions are online synchronously via Zoom. Each session begins with a 5 minute networking breakout, followed by 45 minutes of panelist Q&A, then 20 minutes of breakout discussions with panelists.
Tuesday, March 30th
- 11:30am CT - How to survive your dissertation. Panelists include Abby Corrington (Providence College), Trevor Watkins (West Texas A&M) and Martin Yu (HumRRO)
Thursday, April 1st - Q&A with Journal Editors (joint session with Early Career Faculty Consortium)
- 11:30am CT Session 1 with editors from Academy of Management Journal (Laszlo Tihanyi) and Personnel Psychology (Berrin Erdogan)
- 2:30pm CT Session 2 with editors from Journal of Applied Psychology (Lilian Eby), Journal of Management (Brian Connelly), and Journal of Business & Psychology (Steven Rogelberg)
Friday, April 2nd
- 11:30am CT - Elevator speech. Led by Rick Jacobs (Penn State)
Tuesday, April 6th
- 2:30 pm CT - Generating/evalutating new research ideas (joint session with Early Career Faculty Consortium.) Panelists include Allison Gabriel (U of Arizona) and Daisy Chang (Michigan State)
Thursday, April 8th
- 11:30am CT - Getting an APPLIED job in the COVID-19 Job Market. Panelists include Tiwi Marira (Facebook), Jimmy Davis (RHR International), Kristin Saboe (Boeing/Georgetown), and Marty Alber (Personnel Board of Jefferson County)
Friday, April 9th
- 2:30pm CT - Getting an ACADEMIC job in the COVID-19 Job Market. Panelists include James LeBreton (Penn State) and Richard Landers (University of Minnesota)
This event may be recorded for later on-demand access by paid consortium registrants only for a limited time. Registrants acknowledge and consent to their name, image, voice, and other representation potentially being included in such recordings that will be available to their co-attendees.
Questions: please contact Emily Hunter (Emily_M_Hunter@baylor.edu) or Elliott Larson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Names in bold are SIOP members.