What value does SIOP membership provide?
As the premier professional association dedicated to advancing the field of I-O psychology, we have more than 8,000 members worldwide who already know the value of a SIOP membership to their career and educational pursuits.
For a fraction of the cost of membership in other professional associations, your low dues payment of $100 (professional members) or $50 (student/retired members) provides numerous benefits.
Subscriptions to keep you up-to-date on the I-O profession
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice (IOP), the official quarterly journal of I-O psychology
- The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist (TIP), a digital, quarterly news publication
- Newsbriefs, a monthly e-newsletter
- Affordable subscription rate for the optional, members-only SIOP Research Access service
Networking and visibility to expand your reach and contacts
- SIOP Annual Conference and Leading Edge Consortium
- SIOP social media
- Media Resources database*
- Committee volunteer positions
- SIOP Consultant Locator Service*
Incentives to further your career without breaking the bank:
- Significant member savings on Annual Conference registration fees
- 20% discount on most publications offered through the SIOP Store
- A low subscription price for resumé postings in the Placement Center
- Grant, award, and scholarship funds exclusively available to SIOP members
*The benefits listed above are extended to SIOP members of all statuses, with the exception of Consultant Locator and Media Resources, in which Student Affiliates may not be listed. Note that only individuals with Fellow, Retired Fellow, Member, or Retired Member statuses may cast votes in SIOP elections or serve on the Executive Board or as Committee Chairs.
For more information, view our membership brochure.
How do I join or renew?
The SIOP membership requirements and instructions for application are outlined at http://www.siop.org/joinsiop.aspx. Please review the dues payments schedule at https://www.siop.org/Dues/payment.aspx for more information.
Apply today to begin your career-enhancing membership in SIOP!
Hear what others are saying about SIOP membership:
“SIOP allows me to balance the academic and practitioner within me! It helps me keep up to date with current research and build my professional network.” -Dr. Leslie A. Bethencourt, SIOP member since 2004
“One of the best things about SIOP is the Annual Conference. It is great to connect with so many other professionals in our field and I always learn so much every year.” -Dr. Rose Mueller-Hanson, SIOP member since 1997
“There’s no better organization out there for people in our field. SIOP is a wonderfully collegial environment and its Annual Conference is one of the most energizing events of my entire year.” -Adam W. Hilliard, SIOP member since 2008
“I value my membership in SIOP…having the opportunity to interact and network with colleagues at conferences, to further the growth of our profession through committee work, and to stay up to date on new research, practice, and emerging issues and trends. SIOP serves a very valuable role in my professional practice.” -Dr. Mark Poteet, SIOP member since 1992
“Being a SIOP member is critical to my professional career. It provides me access to valuable resources like my.SIOP, opportunities to keep up-to-date on our field’s latest research as well as the latest challenges that are being faced in the workplace.” -Tiffany Poeppelman, SIOP member since 2009
“We connected due to our active participation in the SIOP Annual Conference. A member introduced us, suggesting that we collaborate on our topic of shared interest. We also serve as testament to the scientist-practitioner model.” -Dr. Stephanie R. Klein, SIOP member since 1995 and Dr. Ann H. Huffman, SIOP member since 2001