Destination Dallas: SIOP Program 2006
Julie B. Olson-Buchanan
California State University, Fresno
We just finished celebrating our 20th annual conference in L.A. and now it is already time to plan the 21st conference in Dallas. Indeed, plans for the 2006 conference are already in full swing! The submission and review process will continue to be entirely electronic, so if mass e-mails tend to end up in your spam filter, be sure to keep an eye out for SIOP e-mails. Below is a general timeline for you to keep in mind as you plan your annual conference submissions:
* Late June 2005: Reviewer recruitment. Please look for an e-mail message requesting that you participate on the Conference Program Committee as a reviewer. If youve never reviewed for SIOP, now is the time to start! And if you havent reviewed in several years, we need you back! As the number of submissions has steadily increased, your service to SIOP as a reviewer becomes even more important.
* Early July 2005: Call for Proposals. The Call for Proposals will be available (electronically) in early July. Members will receive an e-mail message with a Web link to the Call for Proposals. The Administrative Office will also send members a postcard notifying them of this Web address. Note that the Call for Proposals will only be available electronically.
* September 14th, 2005: Submission deadline. The submission process will continue to be entirely electronic, with no paper submissions. More details about the submission process will be provided in the Call for Proposals.
* Early October 2005: Submissions sent out for review.
* Late October/Early November 2005: Reviews due back.
* Early December 2005: Decision e-mails. Submitters will be sent (electronic) decision letters for their submissions.
* Spring 2006: Program published. The conference program will continue to be published both in paper form and on the Web.
We continue to refine the electronic submission and reviewing process with the goal of continuous improvement. As always, there may be some unforeseen problems with electronic procedures, so thank you very much for your patience. We aim to have the most convenient submission, review, scheduling, and registration processes possible.
July 2005 Table
of Contents | TIP Home
| SIOP Home