SIOP Program Highlights for the 2012 APA Convention
Karin A. Orvis
SIOP’s 2012 APA Program Chair
U.S. Army Research Institute
It’s time to make plans to attend the 2012 APA Convention to be held in sunny Orlando, Florida from Thursday, August 2 through Sunday, August 5. SIOP will have a strong showing at the convention with 26 hours of programming, selected to appeal to both SIOP researchers and practitioners. Some of the session highlights include invited addresses from the incoming 2012-2013 SIOP President Doug Reynolds, as well as from Tammy Allen, Kim Smith-Jentsch, and Mo Wang. Two of SIOP’s current APA council representatives, Debbie Major and John Scott, will have a special session on SIOP’s Role in APA. We will also continue the tradition of co-sponsoring a joint social hour with APA Division 5: Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics. Below is a brief summary of the session titles of SIOP programming at this year’s APA convention.
Finally, I’d like to acknowledge my cochair, Shonna Waters, the APA Program Committee reviewers, as well as Larry Nader, Tracy Vanneman, and Julie Olson-Buchanan. We simply could not have developed such an exciting line-up for this year’s APA convention without their service to SIOP.
I hope to see you this summer in Orlando!
Division 14 Program at the APA Conference
- Data-Driven Talent Management: Combining Psychology and Technology to Run Better Organizations (Doug Reynolds)
- Work–Family Research: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going? (Tammy Allen)
- Retirement Research: Challenges and Opportunities (Mo Wang)
- Who Are We?: Results From the SIOP Membership Survey Shed Light on Our Professional Identity (Kim Smith-Jentsch)
- Relational Social Capital: Positive and Negative Interpersonal Work Relationships
- Expanding the Horizons of Dysfunctional Leadership in the Workplace
- A Blended Approach to Training: Job Analyses and Competency Models
- Bias in Organizational Decisions and Perceptions: Gender, Ethnicity, and Culture
- Factors Affecting Individual Self-Regulation and Learning Processes
- Innovation in Job Analysis: Creative Solutions to Unique Challenges
- Global Perspectives on Leadership Development: Current Research and Organizational Applications
- Advances in Understanding Work–Family Conflict
- Teaching Teamwork: Integrating Innovative Science Into the Classroom
- Advances in Understanding Work Stress
- Academia and Assessment Centers: Preparing Students for Their Next Career
- Change in a Military Setting: An Agile and Adaptive Approach to Change Management
- Using Social Network Profiles in Hiring: Do We Know Enough?
- Persisting Realities of Women in the Higher Ed Workplace
- Advances in Understanding Job Satisfaction, Affect, and Motivation
- Advances in Understanding Predictors and Personnel Selection Methods