Preconference Workshops for SIOP 2006: A Dynamite Line-Up in Big D!
Brannick Human Resource Connections
Mark your calendars for May 4, 2006 to attend our specially selected preconference workshops for SIOP in Dallas! The Workshop Committee has been working intensely to bring you information and insights on the most pressing issues affecting our discipline. Thanks to the generous feedback from many of you, we have prepared an exceptional lineup of speakers and topics to provide you with invaluable professional development opportunities.
Heres a peek at some of the titles for the 2006 workshops and the extraordinary lineup of experts that will lead them:
- The I-O Psychologist and the Executive Committee: Lessons from the Front Line.
Ben Dowell (Bristol Myers Squibb Co.) and Erika DEgidio (Bristol Myers Squibb Co.)
- High Impact Leadership Development Systems. Eric Elder (Bank of America) and
Gail Wise (Right Management Consultants)
- Driving Business Success Through Understanding and Leveraging Corporate and National Cultures.
Miriam Erez (Technion-Israel Institute of Technology), Brad Hall (IBM), and
Zeynap Aycan (Koc University)
- Employment Law: That Was the Year that Wasand What Might Be Next.
Arthur Gutman (Florida Institute of Technology) and Donald Zink (Personnel Management Decisions)
- The State of the Art in e-Learning. Leslie Joyce (Home Depot) and Charlie Gardner (Home Depot)
- Separating the Wheat From Chaff: Interpreting Results From Contemporary Analytic Methods.
Rodney McCloy (Human Resource Research Organization) and Gary Lautenschlager
(University of Georgia)
- Global Talent Management: An Idea Whose Time Has Come. Colleen ONeill
(Mercer Human Resource Consulting)
- Recent Practical, Methodological, and Statistical Advances in the Detection of Adverse Impact and Test Bias.
James Outtz (Outtz and Associates) and Paul Hanges (University of Maryland)
- Designing and Implementing Performance Management: Best Practices and Applied Realities.
Elaine Pulakos (Personnel Decisions Research Institute) and Nancy Rotchford (Ingram Micro, Inc.)
- Finance and Accounting for I-O Psychologists. Peter M. Ramstad (Personnel Decisions International) and Mark Young (Personnel Decisions International)
- Breathing New Life Into Assessment Centers: Leveraging Assessment, Learning, and Technology to Develop Top Talent.
Kirk Rogg (Aon Consulting) and John Scott (Applied Psychological Techniques, Inc.)
- Defending e-Applicants Minimum Qualifications. Jim Sharf (Sharf & Associates),
David Arnold (Wonderlic, Inc.), and Lisa Borden (Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell, & Berkowitz, P.C.)
- The Ropes to Learn and the Ropes to Skip: Facilitating Executive On-Boarding.
Lorraine Stomski (Aon Consulting) and Seymour Adler (Aon Consulting)
- Building Your Consulting Practice. Jack Wiley (Gantz Wiley Research) and
Kevin Nilan (3M)
and there might be more, but remember that you get to choose only two! And to help you decide, you will find descriptions of the workshops and short biographical sketches for the presenters in the preconference announcement booklets and on the SIOP Web site during registration in January.
All of us at SIOP are very fortunate to have the opportunity to share the knowledge and insight that these prominent and dedicated academics and professionals bring to our preconference workshops. Be a part of this remarkable experience: Plan to be at the preconference workshops in Dallas in 2006! Watch out for online registration starting in January...because these will be standing room only!
October 2005 Table
of Contents | TIP Home
| SIOP Home