SIOP: Who We Are
We are proud to announce our new Strategic Plan, adopted by the Executive Board on September 25, 2020, to guide SIOP through the coming three years. View the background on how the plan was developed here. See the plan elements below, and note that Action Steps for each of the Goals and Objectives are still under development by SIOP volunteer leadership and staff and will be announced to members in the coming months!
Science and practice transforming work that builds effective organizations and promotes worker well-being.
Our Mission Statement:
To enhance human well-being and performance in organizational and work settings by promoting the science, practice, and teaching of industrial-organizational psychology.
Our Values Statement:
At SIOP, we will:
- Promote the highest ethical standards in research, education, and evidence-based practice of I-O psychology
- Inspire individual and organizational health, well-being, and effectiveness
- Serve as the trusted authority for the science of psychology applied to the workplace
- Create and nurture an inclusive and collegial community through intentional action
- Encourage and embrace more diversity within our profession
- Respond in a timely and meaningful way to real-world problems
- Steward our human and financial resources for maximum positive impact
Our Strategic Goals:
- Collaborate with organization leaders, communities, and policymakers to understand and confront relevant real-world problems and translate scientific knowledge to promote individual and organizational health and effectiveness.
- Build a diverse, inclusive, and agile SIOP that maximizes our impact through effective people, process, technology, and data infrastructure.
- Use and strengthen our ability to gather, energize, and align all those invested in understanding and improving work and workplace issues in ways that inspire action and inclusive dialogue.
- Create an ecosystem that generates future I-O psychology capabilities to advance and advocate for both science and practice by guiding education and lifelong learning.