Southern Management Association Virtual Summit: Issues in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scheduled for April 14
The Southern Management Association has announced details for its very first Virtual Summit, Issues in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, scheduled to take place Friday, April 14, from 1 to 4 PM EDT. The meeting will take place via Zoom and is generating real interest among our members. There is no cost for the meeting, but you must register in advance. Since this is a first-of-a-kind effort for us, and supports our Acting on Our Values initiative, we hope you will be able to join us.
To register, follow this link: https://tennessee.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcqcu-rrTgrE9PVy2qMnidNQgXfyXplufSo
The program will begin with a distinguished panel discussing research in various areas including issues facing minorities in Corporate America, how organizations can create more inclusive environments, work-family issues, pregnancy and work, and challenges for BIPOC and Latinx populations. The panel will be followed by individual breakouts on a range of DEI topics, focusing primarily on issues involving historically marginalized groups.
We're so pleased to have this outstanding group of presenters:
- Donna Maria Blancero, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost, Bentley University
- Randy Blass, Senior lecturer in the Department of Management at Florida State University’s College of Business.
- Oscar Holmes IV, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Associate Professor, & Director, RUSE Program at Rutgers School of Business–Camden
- Laura M. Little, Professor of Management & Synovus Director of the Institute for Leadership Advancement at Terry College of Business, University of Georgia
- Katina Sawyer, Associate Professor of Management and Organizations, Eller College of Management, University of Arizona
- Alexis Smith Washington, Senior Inclusion Officer & Associate Professor, Oklahoma State University
Please help us spread the word and encourage attendance for the Virtual Summit. We envision this as an interactive program, so your involvement will really give it a boost.
Here is the link to the Virtual Summit webpage that you can share with colleagues. You will also find a link to speaker bios.
Thanks for supporting our first-ever Virtual Summit.